Recently I’ve given up eating gluten and don’t get me wrong I love it, but on occasion I still get a sweet tooth for some very gluten-filled items. So after some experimenting in the kitchen I got a sweet gluten-free, vegan cookie that yes, you can eat for breakfast. The primary ingredient in these cookies is gluten-free rolled oats making it perfect for breakfast.
These cookies took no time to make and its a perfect treat when your craving something sweet. The apple and cinnamon pairs so nicely with just the right amount of sweetness from the maple syrup. I’m most definitely not an expert baker, but these were easy even for me to whip up! Keep scrolling if you want to learn how to make some of these yummy cookies!
Healthy vegan Gluten-free apple cinnamon breakfast cookies
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 flax eggs (If you don’t want the cookies to be vegan than you can use 2 regular eggs)
- 1/3 cup organic maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 apple
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl combine oats, almond meal, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Make flax eggs. (If you aren’t making vegan variation of this recipe ignore this step.)
- In a small bowl combine flax eggs, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
- Combine large bowl and small bowl together and stir.
- Cut up one apple into small bite-sized bits. Pour into bowl and add cinnamon.
- Stir in apples and cinnamon.
- Using a spoon grab some of the dough and roll into a ball then place on baking sheet. Depending on the size you decide to make your cookies the dough can be used up in a single batch or if you opt for a smaller size 2 batches.
- Place cookie sheet in oven for 12-15 minutes until lightly browned.
- Take out of oven and let cool for 5 minutes.